Friday, October 19, 2012

Barbara & Moustaki - The brown haired lady


Original Title: "La Dame Brune"
Year: 1967
For a long brown haired lady, I've invented
a song in the moonlight, a few verses
If she ever hears it, she'll know
that it is a love song for her and me

I'm the long brown haired lady that you are waiting for
I'm the long brown haired lady and I hear you
Sing again in the moonlight, I come toward you
your guitar, makeshift organ, guides my steps

Pierrot had lent me his pen that morning
I took the A from my makeshift guitar
I thought myself a poet by writing
the words going through my head like the wind

Pierrot had lent you his pen that night,
On your makeshift guitar you took the A
And I took you for a poet by listening
to the words going through your head like the wind

I dressed the dark haired lady, in my thoughts
with pieces of a veil of mist and of dew
I made her bed against my skin for her to feel at home
Sheltered and warm between my hands

Dressed with a veil of mist and dew
I'm the tall brown haired lady of your thought
Sing again in the moonlight, I come toward you
Through the mounts and dunes, I hear your voice

For a long brown haired lady, I've invented
a song in the moonlight, a few verses
I know she'll hear it one day, who knows maybe tomorrow
so that this love song ends well

Good morning, I'm the brown haired lady, I walked so much
Good morning, I'm the brown haired lady, I found you
Make me a place in the hollow of your bed, I'll be fine
In the warmth and well sheltered against your waist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...